Dubai has always attracted tourists around the globe because of its famous restaurants, skyscrapers, desert drive, and beautiful landscapes. According to a recently published survey, there are almost 540 cars for 1000 people in Dubai, making it the highest number in the country and the world. Whether you are a tourist or a resident in Dubai and cannot decide if buying a car is a good option or you should rent it then keep on reading. I have explained several factors that will help you make a better decision.
Table of Contents
Buying vs. renting a car:
Buying a car in Dubai is a safe option if you are a resident (and financially stable) but it is not viable for tourists. The costs are rising and one should keep a check on his budget. Some people think that buying a car in Dubai is costly but it gives some long-term benefits like you can sell it if you have become financially unstable. But is that a smart opinion? The residents of Dubai can think about it but not the tourists because they will move somewhere else. The price of the car drops when you sell it after using it for some time. So it is a losing game for tourists in my opinion.
The public transportation system of Dubai is not an option if you are new to the city and do not know much about the places. Almost all the tourists in Dubai rent a car to meet their traveling needs because their services are great and one can get several benefits including freedom of movement and a sense of comfort. Many car rental agencies provide their customers with the best of best services. But you should know basic things about renting cars in Dubai before making any decision or choosing a car rental agency.
Things to know before renting a car:
Once you have decided to rent a car, you should decide whether you want to rent it for the short or long term. As for renting a car for the short term, it is a good option for road trips and weekends. There are a lot of agencies in Dubai that provide hourly or weekly car renting services. You can rent cars, trucks, vans, or any other vehicle at a reasonable cost. As for the long term, you can rent a car for a month or even a year depending upon your traveling needs. This option is more cost-effective than renting a car for the short term.
Following are the major factors you should consider before taking car rental services from any agency:
- The car rental agency should have a good reputation. Take time to read the reviews and terms and conditions before making any decision.
- For the residents, it is mandatory to have a verified UAE license. The tourists should have their international driving license before renting a car.
- It is strictly forbidden to drive a rental car to a nearby country. You can rent a car from the respective country.
- Inspect the car profoundly and take pictures if there is already any damage. Return the car in the same condition when you took it at the agreed time.
- The age limit to drive a car is usually 18 but some rental companies consider the age 21-25 to give their car on rent.