Do you want to play CSGO on a Macbook but are not sure if it’s compatible? Here, we’re going to guide you on how to enjoy CSGO on Mac.
First of all, you need to learn everything about CSGO, like how it works, strategies, software requirements, etc. It may also help to learn about CSGO odds if you’re interested in eSports betting.
Once the basics are clear, let’s start with the main process:
Table of Contents
Before you start playing the game or tracking CSGO odds, you’ve to download it. CSGO is available for free and is an FPS title on Steam. You can play the game on Mac by downloading and installing its macOS version from Steam. Follow these steps:
- Create a free account on Steam.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Search for CSGO in Steam’s search bar.
- Download Steam Client to download CSGO. The entire process may take hours to finish. So, keep patience.
- Launch the Steam interface.
CSGO is nearly 14GB and asks for decent system requirements. For Mac, the minimum requirements are:
- OS (operating system): MacOS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later
- Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor (Minimum 2GHz)
- Memory requirement: 2 GB RAM
- Storage: 15 GB of available space
- Graphics: NVidia 8600M or better | ATI Radeon HD 2400 or better
- Brightness: As per your comfort
- Color mode: Computer monitor
- Resolution: As per your comfort
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Display Mode: Fullscreen
- Power savings: Disabled
- Motion blur: Disabled
- Shader Detail: Low
- Wait for Vertical Sync:Disabled
- FXAA Anti-Aliasing: Disabled
Try to get a Macbook Pro because it’s the best in this category. But you can still play the game if you own a Macbook air.
Just follow these tips while playing the game:
The biggest challenge is heat regulation. You might want to play the game for hours. But, Macbook Air has trouble regulating temperatures when used for prolonged hours. The game also needs a huge RAM space, which adds to the problem of heating.
So, get proper ventilation and set up your device on a surface that allows enough air circulation around and under your Macbook.
Macbooks can run multiple tasks at any time. But, when you want to use the majority of its resources on CSGO, it’s better to turn off other running tasks.
Resources with any laptop are finite. CSGO takes a large part of the RAM of Mac. In lack of enough space, the game may crash amidst the match. So, turn off all unnecessary tasks running in the backend.
Hopefully, you find everything you need to know with this “CSGO on Mac” guide helpful. Enjoy!