According to Statista, by 2023 the number of mobile users will be about 7.26 billion. Mobile apps for different purposes have become part of our daily lives. Therefore, it is not surprising that businesses are trying to actively use them for their commercial goals. No matter whether a person uses a mobile app for personal needs or for business, first of all he/she will have high expectations regarding its functionality and quality. That’s why mobile app testing is vital to ensure that your application works properly.
What are the main benefits of mobile app testing?
Don’t think that it’s enough to do QA once after the application development is complete. It is an ongoing process that should be closely integrated with every stage of development. For this role you can hire testing specialists to your company or seek assistance by an outsource software testing company. Thanks to the interaction between the developer and the QA team, testing can bring you such benefits:
- Preventing errors in the app’s performance while it’s still in the creation phase
- Ensuring that the application meets quality requirements using manual and automation testing services
- Verifying that the finished app is fit for its original intended use and the main functions work flawlessly
- Feedback from the testing team regarding the app usability
What will a software automation test engineer check?
Careful and well-planned testing of an application is crucial to ensure that your potential user can only benefit from your application and doesn’t get frustrated by bugs. What should be tested first?
- The process of installing the app and user registering
- How the app functions (app navigation, camera, sensors, launching the app, etc.)
- Localization. In what languages is your app available? Are all titles, notifications, messages received by the user translated correctly? checking this is also one of the roles of quality assurance specialist.
- Performance. The maximum load the app can handle, as well as the likelihood of running it on different devices
- Operation on different platforms and mobile devices
- Security of the entered and transmitted data
Mobile applications are created primarily for users. That means you have to understand what needs your app will cover. Try to put yourself in the place of a potential user. And answer the question “Is my experience rather positive or negative?” Of course, the absence of bugs by itself will not make your product interesting for customers. But, constant bugs can make it much harder to use and spoil the impression of clients.