- Family wealth, family business failure, poverty. Zaki had to overcome a crisis to achieve his dreams
- Alone, broke and a student in a foreign country, the Sri Lankan teen turned to property
- Now a multi-millionaire, Zaki helps others to achieve wealth too
As a child in Sri Lanka, Zaki Ameer experienced the good things that money can buy. That came to an abrupt end at age nineteen when his parents lost all their wealth. Rather than give up on his dreams, Zaki decided to learn how to build wealth in property. Now he helps people to do the same.
Growing up, Zaki had chauffeurs and maids. He lived in a large house and went to the best school in Sri Lanka. At seventeen, he was sent to Australia to study Engineering at Sydney University, his fees and rent all paid for by his parents. He had big dreams for his future business success. Just two years into his degree his parent’s business went through a crisis and they were not in a position to financially support Zaki any more.. For the first time in his life, Zaki experienced a financial crisis. At first, he felt despair. He was a young man in a new country, in a new culture, facing a new, and very much poorer, life that was nothing like the one he was used to. But determination took over.
He found a job in a bank and switched to a night course in business and finance. By the time he graduated with a Bachelor of Business, Zaki was $80,000 in debt but he had been able to work for one of the top four banks. And he had begun to build a property portfolio.
After fifteen years of working full-time 40 hours a week, in banking, plus full time study, and building his own property businesses, Zaki was able to retire from his day job. He had made mistakes and learned from those failures. He had built a wealth of first-hand knowledge from his successes. And he had acquired ten properties in the final two years, worth $3 million by the age of 28. All with minimal savings. He founded DDP Property (DDP), a unique wealth creation program, in 2011 and then went on to pen a book titled, Dream Design Do – DDP Property.
Now Zaki at 42 years, he helps people to build the same kind of wealth in property that he achieved. Over the past few years, his wealth creation and real estate investment company has helped close to 1,1400 clients purchase more than 1,800 properties
But what if you haven’t been able to get your foot in the door in the real estate market?
Here are Zaki’s five tips on how you, too, can achieve property wealth:
· Buy NOT where you live – even with a deposit of $25,000
· Consider using a smaller deposit and having the bank fund the rest. That way you have more cash in your pocket for any unplanned expenses
· Buy properties where the rent covers the loan repayments so that you don’t have to dip into your daily cashflow to support your property
· Buy properties that are not in the best condition but in a growing area. You will purchase at a cheaper price and enjoy greater capital gain
· Have the correct team behind you, a professional team that specialises in property to get advice for property strategies, mortgage brokers, accountants, buyers agents, property management, property lawyers, financial planners. Do not listen to armchair advice.