Yoga is one of the best ways to relax your mind and body. There are several yoga poses, among which seated forward bend yoga pose is one. Seated forward bend yoga pose also called Paschimottasana in Sanskrit. It is a classical hatha yoga pose that offers the practitioner several benefits and is one of the best poses for stretching the whole body.
People who are suffering from high blood pressure and diabetes highly benefit from this pose. It must be practiced during the early morning for getting the best outcomes. It is vital to ensure that your stomach does not have bowels before you start practicing.
When combined with a good diet and fitness program, yoga helps you lose weight, enhance your muscle tone, and promote body flexibility and strength. Yoga is always linked to good heart health and an improved immune system. The seated forward bend yoga pose is one of the best Asanas that enhance mental health and total well-being.
If you want to learn more about this yoga asana then you can visit the best yoga school in Rishikesh and check out the 200 Hour yoga Teacher training in Rishikesh, which is the beginner to intermediate level yoga course.
Table of Contents
How to do Seated forward bend yoga pose?
- At first, sit straight by stretching out your legs. Now position your toes arched towards yourself.
- Now take an intense breath and then raise your arms in an upward direction.
- Bend a little forward while you exhale and then fold from your hip joint.
- Stretch your arms as much as possible.
- Take some deep breaths, slowly lift your head and lengthen your spine.
- Release breath and bring your navel towards your knees.
- Repeat this for few times.
- Now keep your head on your legs and stay in this pose for a few breaths.
- Take a deep breath and change to a sitting position.
- Exhale and drop your arms.
Have a look at the top five benefits of seated forward bend yoga pose
- Boosts introspection and calms down your nervous system: Your spinal cord is one of the essential parts of your nervous system with several nerves. While performing seated forward bend yoga pose, your spinal cord is stretched, and space is generated between your vertebras, enhancing blood circulation to all nerves. This soothes your nervous system. When you practice this yoga daily, you will embark on a journey of self-discovery. If you want to learn more about the seated forward bend yoga pose, then we strong recommend you to take up the advanced 300 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
- Stretches your backside: Yoga gurus across the world give recommendations for doing pascimottasana to all who are suffering from back pain, or stiffness, etc. It is because this pose will stretch the whole back right from your head to your heels. When you practice this pose regularly, it enhances your flexibility and spine strength. This asana is also efficient in releasing tension from your lower back, neck, and upper back.
- Stimulates and tones your internal organs: Like forward fold pose, paschimottasana enhances your blood circulation to all abdominal organs like kidneys, pancreas, intestines, and liver. It helps in boosting metabolism and enhances digestion capability.
- Cools your body and calms down your mind: One of the significant benefits that seated forward bend yoga pose offers you. This pose assists in transporting fresh blood to your head while helping your mind relax and decrease insomnia, worry, and depression. The toning of pranic energies in your body results in less stress and depression that keeps your mind rejuvenated as well as refreshed. The seated forward bend yoga pose delivers a well-rounded yoga practice and blesses the whole with the best health and positive energy.
- Increases flow of blood to your pelvic region: Practicing pachimottasana assist in improving the menopause symptoms. This asana enhances blood circulation to your pelvic area and nourishes organs present in the body’s lower part. This pose is also beneficial for distressed people because of infertility, no sexual desire, and impotence. It is also suitable for women after giving birth, and it helps in body healing. Currently due to the pandemic you can learn this yoga asana by purchasing an 200 hour online yoga teacher training course and practicing it at the comfort of your house.
- Promotes burning of fat in your belly region: Among all benefits of seated forward bend yoga pose, a decrease of belly fat is one of the significant benefits. People who have belly fat face challenges for decreasing excess kilos from the abdomen. There are certain instances where people spend several hours in the gym daily to get rid of stubborn fat. This yoga pose burns your extra fat through all stretches and pressures associated with the carriage and assists in getting a flat belly. Getting strictly adhered to a fitness regime helps in witnessing the best outcomes.
- Helps in relieving pain and tightness from hamstrings: Stiffness and pain in hamstrings are because of the bad posture while seating. Maintaining this pose for a long time will enhance stiffness and pain, making it very difficult for the person to focus on work or carry out chores easily. While doing a seated forward bend yoga pose, a yoga practitioner stretches the whole hamstring and assists with smooth blood flow in that region.
Pachimottasana or seated forward bend yoga pose is one of the best poses among yogis across the world. Try practicing it and include it in your daily fitness regime, and enjoy all benefits that you get.