If you want your construction process to become more time-efficient and better integrated, selecting construction project management software is beneficial. Construction project management software is generally utilised by large-scale industries as they need countless tasks to be integrated and cannot afford the risk of human error. In this article, we will talk about how construction project management software can help you and list some of the top picks for 2023.
Table of Contents
What is a construction software program?
A construction software program includes many vital processes that help in accurate cost estimation, better designing and enhanced team collaboration. These features can help you create the perfect proposal, schedule your tasks and track time for accurate payrolls. In a traditional setting, all these processes would require specialised skills and a lot of time. A construction project management software can provide all these features in the most efficient, easy-to-handle, quick and cost-effective manner. As a result, one of the most time-consuming processes becomes time-efficient while increasing profitability.
What should an ideal construction software program contain?
Ideally, the construction management software should include the following features:
- Data insights and reporting.
- Mobile applications to enhance accessibility to data anywhere and anytime.
- Time tracking tools such as A.P.I. for integration with other platforms that help with payroll management.
- Uploading capabilities to save all digital files in one place.
- Share and view data as 2-D and 3-D files to enhance design and innovation.
- Proposal creating professional tools.
- Tools for estimation in addition to pre-built templates that can be used to estimate cost within seconds.
How should I select the best construction software program for myself?
There are certain factors that you need to consider when you are trying to select the best construction software for your company. Begin by determining your needs to find the perfect fit. Ask yourself what specific challenges you face in your business and how software can help you overcome these. For example, if you are facing issues tracking tasks, you need project management software that helps you keep ahead of deadlines. Similarly, if you are able to track your schedule, but are unable to appropriately send updates to your suppliers or subcontractors, then you need a tool that specialises in schedule management so that you can create and track customised schedules.
Similarly, if budget is your problem, then your focus should be on a software program with great reviews for its budget tracking. Make a list of all these features that are important to you and begin to research different options. You can even ask for recommendations from peers or read online reviews and testimonials to understand how different software programs are fairing in the real world.
Next, one of the most important considerations is to factor in the total cost of ownership. Understand that the upfront cost of the construction software program is just a small part of the integration, and you also need to factor in monthly subscription fees or training costs. Additionally, whatever you choose, consider the user-friendliness, the company’s reputation, and its ability to integrate with your existing programs.
Lastly, a pro tip is to try before you buy. Many software programs offer a free trial, and you should experiment with them to find something you love. Another recommendation is when you are researching different options, experiment with pre-built templates to get accurate cost estimations in minutes so that you can understand if the software is praiseworthy or is filled with flaws.
What are the best construction software programs in 2023?
Listed below are some construction software programs that construction business owners love. Some prominent examples that are worth checking out include the following:
- Procure Software: Procure is one of the best construction project management software, known for its beneficial collaboration features. Apart from this, this tool also contains extremely efficient financial management tools that have reportedly reduced costs for other companies. It also includes a mobile application that can help enhance real-time field communication. However, experts claim that its integration features are “heavy,” and it requires a lot of time to set up.
- Buildertrend: This software is creating a lot of buzz because of its financial management capabilities. However, the price plans may seem a little excessive. The core plan is $99 per month; after two months, it increases to $299 per month. The pro plan is $299 per month, and after the first two months, it increases to $499. Experts claim that the price is not the problem but the annoying pop-up constantly asking users to go for a higher-level subscription.
- Edara Software: This all-in-one tool helps you coordinate, track the performance and integrate with other functions. Its top features allow you to assign tasks to the team, track their performance, view project drawings from any device, instantly message your updates, scale to mega projects and communicate in real time. You also get cloud-based storage to store all your data in one place.
Construction software programs can help improve the efficiency of your entire process, but to select the best one, you must begin by understanding your needs so that you have clarity about how these tools can help you. If you intend to use the best construction software programs in Australia, including injury management software and occupational health and safety management software, you can contact Edara Systems.