With crime on the increase every day, homeowners are always looking for the latest security products to help keep their homes and family safe. Security companies know this and are keeping up with the latest technological developments to meet this need.
Has your research into different security products left you asking more questions about which one to install in your home? Are you left wondering if an intercom system would be better than CCTV for your family’s safety needs?
Let’s talk about some of the latest features in security products and help you find the best system for your home’s security requirements.
An intercom system works well when you want to screen the people before they enter your property. This prevents you and anyone in your family from unwittingly letting criminals into your home.
But there are other benefits to installing a residential intercom system. These include:
- Allowing you to communicate with other people within your home and property.
- Letting you open gates and doors remotely without having to leave your home.
- Diverting visitors to your home by addressing them via your mobile phone.
If you invest in a video intercom system, you’ll be able to see who is at the door or gate. This minimises the risk of opening your property to individuals with bad intentions. Another option is to purchase a wireless intercom system. This system allows you to install an intercom system without having to lay wires between the intercoms. Instead, it relies on radio frequencies.
Intercom systems can be easily integrated with other security products such as CCTV cameras. This increases your security altogether, giving you peace of mind your property is safe whether you’re at home or not.
CCTV Security System
Most times, criminals will target your property when you’re not at home. A CCTV security system is ideal for those times you’re away on holiday or working at the office. Technology has changed the way these systems work, and you can now view your home remotely. This is possible by watching high-definition feeds of your property at any time.
The other benefits of using a CCTV security system include:
- The presence of CCTV cameras will deter most criminals from targeting your home.
- Infrared night vision technology allows you see images clearly at nighttime. This means you can check on your property both in the daytime and at night.
- Real-time feed gives you peace of mind because you can see what your kids or pets are up to when you’re not at home.
- You can see who is at your front door when you’re at home.
Installing a CCTV security system will give you peace of mind both when you’re at home and when you’re away. Make sure you get a system that allows you to view HD video feeds from your mobile. Some systems will record and keep footage to be downloaded later which is useful if you’ve had a break-in and need evidence. You can also pick a CCTV system that is motion-activated or records continuously.
Security Alarm Systems
Many homeowners are familiar with the security alarm system. It’s been around for a long time and one of the easiest security products to use. But, these alarm systems have come a long way since they were first introduced as security products.
Making use of all the latest developments in technology, home alarm security products now offer the following features to keep you and your home safe:
- Notifications: While most alarm systems still make use of telephonic communication to alert you of any intruders on your property, many systems are switching to broadband communication. This means you can be notified via your mobile or even the internet if your home alarm is triggered.
- Discreet and easy to use codepads: The intrusion panels of your alarm system are designed to be discreet and fit in with your home décor. Simpler icons allow you to see at a glance the status of your alarm system. The use of text also means you can understand what is triggering your alarm. Furthermore, many codepads are now offering touchscreen features, making it easier to use your alarm system.
Wireless home alarm systems can also be installed and used remotely no matter where you are. So, if you’ve lost the remote or you’re standing outside wanting entrance to your own home, you can use your mobile phone. And, for those days when you’ve left the house in a rush and forgot to set your alarm, no problem! Use your smartphone and have peace of mind your home is secure while you’re away.
Your home will benefit from any of the security products mentioned here. The intercom system does allow you to screen visitors while the CCTV security system’s visible cameras are great for deterring criminals in the first place. A home alarm system alerts you when there’s an intruder on your property. So, what is your priority?