Do you know what protects us from dangerous situations? It is the eyes which are our window to the world. When other senses stop, they prevent us from getting into dangerous situations. It is vital to keep them healthy. Individuals with poor eyesight often encounter issues in conducting everyday tasks with ease. You have to wear contact lenses and eyeglasses to improve your vision temporarily. With time, the power of the lens increases, and a person has to change them often. It is a hassle for many of us. Fortunately, you can restore your vision permanently with the help of Lasik eye surgery, a hassle-free procedure that can help you get rid of eye defects in no time.
Which conditions affect the vision of the eyes?
- Refractive errors: One of the most commonly occurring Vision-related issues include refractive errors. Refractive errors can be categorized as follows:
- Astigmatism(Distorted vision at all distances)
- Presbyopia (inability to focus on close objects, unable to read the newspaper by keeping it near)
Lasik eye surgery is the best possible way to eliminate these issues from the roots. However, you must choose a reliable and reputed Lasik eye centre before getting into a surgical procedure.
Who is a suitable candidate for Lasik eye procedure?
The qualifications for a suitable person for eye surgery can be categorized as follows:
- No history of active corneal disease
- No significant health or eye-related issues such as macular degeneration, Glaucoma, and Keratoconus.
- At least 18 years of age.
What precautions to take before the surgery?
Take the following precautions before the surgery:
- Avoid using any cosmetic products such as lotions and creams a day before the surgery.
- Try not to rub your eyes often in case of irritation.
- Talk to the surgeon about your medical history.
The doctor will conduct eye exams to declare you suitable for Lasik surgery.
- Cataract: The formation of clouds on the eye lens results in cataract. It is one of the prominent causes of blindness among people worldwide. Studies reveal that it is expected to increase by a percentage of 30.1 million by the year 2020. There is nothing better than getting into cataract eye surgery that helps improve your vision.
- Glaucoma: Our eyes consist of optic nerves, and the moment they get damaged, a person loses his vision and becomes blind. Glaucoma takes place when the fluid inside the eyes rises slowly. However, with vision correction procedure, you can get rid of this issue at the initial stage.
If you are experiencing any of these problems, get them treated in no time by visiting centres offering Lasik eye care near you. Our eyes protect us from so many obstacles every day, and we must give them the care they deserve.