Cardiopulmonary resuscitation is a vital practice used in reviving a cardiac arrest patient. But a bystander does not know of its importance in life-saving. People working in the medical field understand this technique. They must have a professional certificate from a recognized institution to start working. Many professionals outside the medical area also need practicing knowledge of CPR. They must have valid certifications and a valid card. If you already have a CPR certification, you should renew your CPR card to get the job of your dreams. This article will help you to select the right CPR course and its benefits. You also gain knowledge of the non-medical professions that need a CPR certification.
Table of Contents
How to choose the right online CPR course?
If your future career requires a CPR course, ensure you get it from the right place. The internet has many options, but not all offer legit courses. Many people will provide you with free classes but wait to give any certification at the end. Taking up something like this will waste your time. Keep in mind the below points when you select an online CPR course.
- Start by searching for the best certificate course for CPR on your computer. Only select a course with a comprehensive structure and video examples. Once you have a couple of names, compare their course offering and price.
- You must ensure they grant a certificate at the end of the course based on an examination. This process makes the certificate legit, and it holds value. Accreditation from the American Heart Association has a higher value. Many human resource officers look up to certifications that follow the AHA guidelines.
- Ask the institutes about the professions where their certificate holds value. This step will help you understand the group’s faith in their product. You also know the jobs which you can apply for with the certificate.
- You should get a digital and physical CPR card. They should also have the ‘renew CPR card‘ option once your certification expires. It makes your life easier, and you need not worry about the card expiring.
- A self-paced model of studying is the best for busy people. It makes online study easy for working professionals. Self-paced learning helps you save time and keeps your daily schedule manageable.
- Ensure you get access to the entire course theory and its access from remote locations.
Careers that need CPR certification
Most people working in hospitals need CPR certification as part of the EMS. But many professionals also need this certification. They only sometimes publish this need in classified. But having the credentials will land you the job. Some of these professions include:
- Firefighters: Saving a person from a burning house needs courage and technique. But, once the person reaches a safe place, they might have carbon dioxide poisoning. It causes the lungs to stop working, resulting in cardiac arrest. Firefighters need to know CPR to revive people and ensure their vitals remain stable.
- Construction Workers: People working in areas requiring heavy lifting are at risk of cardiac arrest. The human body can give up and may need immediate CPR.
- Flight Attendants: This job looks glamorous, but a flight attendant is anything but this. They must remain the most attentive person on a plane. An emergency could arise at any time with many people at high altitudes. Knowledge of CPR will surely land you this job, and ads as an ad on your resume.
- Lifeguards: Working with water has its advantages and disadvantages. You get to swim and enjoy it round the clock. The job also needs you to know basic life-saving skills like CPR and first aid. People often experience muscle cramps in water. Cardiac arrests while swimming are common, and a lifeguard must always stay prepared.
- Babysitter and Caretakers: As a caretaker, you must have a working knowledge of CPR. Children are prone to choking on things that could cause heart issues. Even older adults could have a cardiac arrest due to illness or stress. In both cases, the professional must have a valid CPR certification. It will not only help you get the job but also perform better.
Benefits of CPR recertification
There was a time when inventions and breakthroughs in medical science had plateaued. But, new technology is bringing about a change where things have become more dynamic. It was in 1960 that three doctors combined chest compressions with mouth-to-mouth. They came up with a technique called CPR. This technique held its ground till 2010. After this, experts realized the importance of chest compressions before mouth-to-mouth breathing. It shows the open-mindedness of the doctors and their zeal to find solutions to problems.
Once you take a CPR certification, you will only need to renew your CPR card after two years. But this is an essential process because medical science is changing at a rapid speed. Something new may come up in two years, making the process more effective. Hence you will get first-hand knowledge of new techniques. Another advantage of taking the recertification is the flexibility of practicing CPR. You could still save lives if you have a valid certification. You never know when a career switch will come your way. Your new field could need a CPR certification. Having a renewed certificate will push your resume ahead.
Renew your CPR Card with AHCA
Now that you know the importance of a CPR certification, consider the best way to renew your card. The American HealthCare Academy offers courses in the life-saving category. Their training is well-structured that allows the reader to a self-paced learning model. They also have CPR renewal courses both for bystanders and healthcare providers. Enroll on the AHCA website, and access the AHA-certified courses. They offer study credits and accredited certification. AHCA also gets renewal requests from students of other institutes and their alums. All corporate houses accept a certificate from this group for jobs and promotions.
Once you go through the modules, you realize the importance of a lay responder. A CPR certificate is valuable as it is a life-saving course. You can save a friend’s life and do your bit as a Good Samaritan. If you have taken the plunge before, but the certificate has expired. Renew your CPR card with the American HealthCare Academy certification. Register on the website today and keep saving lives with a renewed certificate.