Committing to sobriety after recovering from drug addiction is a huge step. It involves many significant changes that dramatically improve your lifestyle and directly influence your mental as well as physical health. Once a person is recovered from drug addiction, he needs to join sober living homes to help himself get back to a healthy lifestyle and learn the skills to avoid relapsing.
If you or your loved one have stopped using drugs and looking for sober living in Houston, you are likely to see dozens of sober living houses around you. But not all of these offer quality services. Therefore you have to be very wise while selecting them.
Before you choose a living home, it is essential for you to know what they offer and what rules and regulations residents have to follow while living there. This will help you figure out whether the recovery homes you are choosing caters to all your needs or you should look for a better option.
Table of Contents
What is a sober living home?
It is a place that provides gender-specific structural programs for those who just have recovered or recovered from drug and alcohol addiction. Unlike rehabilitation centres, they offer a house like an environment to the patients with limited freedom, outdoor activities and recovery programs.
They help the addicts to come back to a healthy life as soon as possible and never relapse for the drugs. At sober living houses, patients pay a monthly fee and for their mess and hygiene as well. They contribute to the household chores and follow all the rules and regulations set by the authorities.
What are the benefits of living in a sober living house?
- They offer a very supportive environment for the patients that not only strengthen their mental and emotional health but also take care of physical and personal growth.
- They help the patients to opt for a healthy lifestyle and take care of the responsibilities smoothly transition into independent life.
- These subah programs offer an opportunity to establish a strong personality and develop healthy and strong interpersonal skills.
What are the rules and regulations of sober living houses?
Rules and regulation may vary from place to place, but there are some standard rules that every sober society follows. This includes:
- The payment of monthly expenses
- Participate in household activities
- Spend five days and nights each week in the sober living house
- do not consume anything that contains even a small proportion of drug or alcohol
- Do not harm the property and adhere to the house curfew.
What to look for while choosing the sober living houses?
Here are some characteristics of top-rated sober living houses in top-rated treatment centres that you should look for while choosing one for yourself or your loved one.
- The correct specialities
- Highest success rate
- Focus on underlying problems
- Comprehensive therapies offered by the centre
- Family focus
- Dedicated staff
- Strong support from the residents and medics
- Outdoor activities
- Hygiene and nutrition