Are you battling with corrosion on your industrial equipment? Or, have you been tasked to refurbish your local town’s bridge or lighthouse? Projects like these can seem daunting but when you’ve got the right team working with you, it’s easier to reach the desired outcome of your mission.
Booking a professional abrasive blasting service is one of the many things you can do to ensure certain project requirements are met. But, what role does abrasive blasting play in refurbishment applications and how can you benefit from hiring this service for your project? Keep reading to find out!
5 Benefits of Booking Professional Abrasive Blasting Services
1. Prepares Surfaces Correctly for Painting, Coating or Bonding
The process of abrasive blasting entails stripping infrastructural or equipment surfaces of old coatings of paint, dirt, debris, grease, contaminants or rust. Various blasting media is used depending on the type of coating or contaminant that needs to be removed. Options include:
- Water blasting
- Garnet blasting
- Steel blasting
- High-pressure cleaning
Stripping and cleaning the surface allows for improved applications of paint or bonding as well as a protective coating for long-lasting quality.
2. Makes Light Work of Large-Scale Remedial Projects
Skilled abrasive blasting technicians are equipped to handle large-scale infrastructure and equipment remedial projects. With up-to-date technology, an experienced workforce and modern equipment, experienced abrasive blasting operators can handle civil, commercial and industrial infrastructure refurbishment projects, delivering quality workmanship.
The following refurbishment projects can especially benefit from abrasive blasting services:
- Small and large bridges
- Water and wastewater infrastructure
- Mining equipment and infrastructure
This list is by no means exhaustive and speaking to the experts in the abrasive blasting industry will help you determine if they can assist you with your remediation project.
3. Provides Safe Removal and Disposal of Hazardous Materials
It’s not unusual to find lead paint or other toxic materials on older infrastructures. When booking a professional abrasive blasting service, you can rest assured the experts know how to handle hazardous materials!
Without compromising anyone’s health and safety, knowledgeable abrasive blasting operators are equipped to remove toxic chemicals and coatings, on or off-site.
To comply with local regulations, professional abrasive blasting services include documentation, removal and safe disposal of toxic chemicals. This gives you peace of mind that your remediation project complies with general regulatory requirements when it comes to hazardous and liquid wastes.
4. Reduces the Risk of Workplace Injuries
Inexperienced technicians, shoddy equipment and poor workmanship won’t only hinder your project deadline, but it could make you responsible for workplace injuries associated with inefficient abrasive blasting applications. A professional company won’t mind giving you access to their track record so you can assess their safety standards.
Well-trained abrasive blasting operators are:
- Skilled and equipped to work safely and in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Sent to regular training workshops to upskill and improve their knowledge base in the industry.
- Continuously researching and developing new solutions to improve workmanship and offer better service.
- Re-trained to work with new products and the latest technology in abrasive blasting.
For a safe and healthy working environment, a reputable business ensures their internal processes are adhered to by its workers.
5. Provides Other Services to Support Construction Remedial Projects
When booking abrasive blasting services, find out if the company can support your overall construction remedial project. This saves you working with different service providers which could become pricey and difficult to manage.
Besides abrasive blasting, consider companies that provide the following services under one roof:
- Protective coating applications: For structures such as mining equipment, steel infrastructure and hydraulic structures.
- Specialised coatings and linings applications: By using state-of-the-art equipment and technology for top-quality results.
- Thermal spray aluminium coating applications: For additional corrosion protection in high-risk environments.
- Scaffolding access systems: Using efficient designs and high-quality materials while keeping workers safe and improving productivity.
- Lead paint removal: For safe and efficient removal and disposal of lead paint from large-scale infrastructures and equipment.
- Passive fire protection: Installation on existing and new commercial and industrial infrastructure.
- High-pressure water cleaning: Safe and environmentally-friendly removal of contaminants from concrete and other surfaces that don’t require sand or steel blasting media.
- Concrete remediation: Using safe techniques to fix and reinforce concrete on existing structures.
If your remediation project extends beyond abrasive blasting and needs additional services as mentioned above, stick with one service provider to ensure a smoother process all around.
Abrasive blasting services can make or break your large-scale refurbishment project! Working with professionals who can offer a wide range of remediation services in the construction industry ensures your job runs hitch-free.
Speaking to experts who have decades of experience in the remedial civil, commercial and industrial industry ensures you get the best advice on completing your task successfully.